Renters Insurance Policies are a real bargain that provides personal property coverage and liability coverage resulting from damage arising from several causes such as weather losses (i.e. wind, hail, rain, snow, hail, freezing), fire, smoke, theft, vandalism and malicious mischief, falling objects, and weight of ice, snow or sleet. It is important to have renters insurance in Ohio to help protect your belongings in the rental property where you reside.
Covered property includes the following:
- Personal property – The contents of your rental unit are your personal property. This includes furniture, appliances, televisions and clothing.
- Loss of use – When a loss occurs and you’re no longer able to live in your home, the cost of additional living expenses is covered.
- Personal liability – Provides coverage for compensatory damages if you’re legally liable for someone else’s bodily injury or property damage as a result of an accident. Examples of bodily injury, property damage and medical expense coverages may include:
- Medical expenses for others’ bodily injury caused by an accident on your premises, such as slips and falls.
- Liability to others
- Liability due to unpaid volunteer services
- Damage caused by negligence of children, acts of pets and sporting activities
Essential Extras for Special Situations
You can add extras to your Renter Policy for a variety of special situations.
Personal property replacement cost coverage – Replaces your personal items without factoring in depreciation.
Identity theft coverage – Pays for expenses incurred as a result of identity theft, such as lost wages and expenses associated with repairing the damage caused by your identity being stolen.
Back up of sewers and drains coverage – Provides coverage for losses caused by water which backs up through sewers or drains, or water that enters into and overflows from within a sump pump or sump pump well.
Personal computer coverage – Provides coverage for personal computers, equipment, media and data.
Additional coverage – Insures high-value items such as jewelry, artwork and collectibles.
You can save money and enhance your Renter Policy by combining coverages with our Renter package endorsement:
Tenant’s Protection Plus
Offers extra coverage beyond that offered in your Rental/Tenants policy. The Tenant’s Protection Plus Endorsement offers additional protection including personal property replacement cost, refrigerated goods, lock replacement and non-owned watercraft liability.
Contact McFall & Son Insurance Agency now to get more information about our products and services.